NREMT Exam Information
NREMT Exam Information
Thank you for registering for an upcoming NREMT exam. Please read below for some important information you will need prior to the exam. Please note that SOE supplies a working lunch for all exams.
Preparing to Test
The following are study materials you can use for last minute prepping:
- ACLS Algorithms: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov220kutfitfwwc/ACLS%20megacode%20summary.pdf?dl=0
- ACLS Algorithms
- ACLS Megacode Summary
- NREMT Skills Testing Sheets: https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/paramedic
- Click on the Psychomotor Exam Tab
- A good ECG website to look over is: https://ecg-educator.blogspot.com/
Please be sure to bring your state ID, current EMT card, a personal mask.
SOE COVID-19 Safety Procedures
24-48 hours prior to the test date, please do the following if you have not done so already:
Check In Procedure
- Arrive between 0800 and 0815- DO NOT BE LATE!
- You will recieve an email one week prior to the exam with information regarding the check-in procedure. Due to COVID-19, all students must make contact with our team prior to entering the building. This will be explained in more detail in the email.
- Once you are cleared to enter the building, open the Pre-Screening Questionnaire on your smartphone and answer yes to the first question.
- This will open a new box to input your current body temperature.
- We will take your temp with a non-contact infra-red thermometer for you to input.
- Finish the questionnaire immediately after coming in the door.
- You must wear a face mask while you are in the building- we STRONGLY encourage to bring your own. All masks must be compliant with current CDC guidelines. You will be asked to leave the exam immediately if your mask is not in place at all times in the building. All students and faculty must maintain proper social distancing at all times.
During The Exam
- Prior to the exam begining, the NREMT Representative will give you the overview for the day:
- You will need to fill out some NREMT paperwork that will require your PATT number and a pencil, which we will provide.
- Please do not write anything down on the paperwork until the NREMT Representative can explain how to fill it out.
- Once the overview/paperwork is completed, the NREMT Representative will verify your paperwork and identity with a government issued photo ID, which can be a driver’s license or Passport.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and stay 6 feet apart as you make a line to speak with the NREMT Representative.
- After this part is done, go back to your seat.
- We strongly recommend that you bring something to keep you busy such as a deck of cards, coloring book, non-electronic games, study materials etc.
- You will not be allowed to have any electronic devices turned on until you leave the testing site. Make sure your family/friends know that you will be unable to communicate with them. If you are expecting an emergency call, please let us know.
There are 6 testing stations you will have to complete (unless you are only retesting)
- Integrated Out of Hospital- Time Limit: 20 minute scenario
- Oral A- Time Limit: 15 minutes
- Oral B- Time Limit: 15 minutes
- Dynamic Cardiology – Time Limit: 8 minutes
- Static Cardiology – Time Limit: 6 minutes
- Trauma – Time Limit: 10 minutes
Students MAY NOT discuss the details of the scenarios with any other student(s). You will be dismissed immediately if this happens and forfeit your testing fee.
Once you have successfully completed all 6 skills and the NREMT Rep dismisses you, you are free to go. If you are not successful in 3 or less skills, you will be given the option to retest that same day.
Exam Walkthrough Videos
Feel free to watch any of these videos to become comfortable with the format of each station. Please note, each exam and scenario is slightly different and the scenarios are sent to the NREMT Representative directly. School of EMS (or any other school) is not aware of the scenarios prior to the exam.
SOE Points of Contact for Questions
Texas Based Exams
- Vicky LaMay, Director of Clinical Services/ NREMT Exam Coordinator
Florida Based Exams
- Robert Stanley, Director of Education and Training/ NREMT Exam Coordinator
South Dakota Based Exams
- Ryan Sittig, SD Site Manager/ NREMT Exam Coordinator
SOE Testing Locations
School of EMS East Texas- Tyler, TX
- 115 Jordan Plaza Blvd, Suite 200 Tyler, TX, 75704
School of EMS North Texas- Farmer’s Branch. TX
- 1801 Royal Lane, Suite 506, Farmers Branch, TX 75229
School of EMS South Texas- Corpus Christi, TX
- 1111 Saratoga Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78417
School of EMS South Dakota- Sioux Falls, SD
- 1401 North C Ave, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
School of EMS Florida- Palm Harbor, FL
- 34350 US Hwy 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
|Retest||SOE Student||Non-SOE Student|